These mini beef roasting joints are roasted in the oven with paprika, honey and roasted summer vegetables in half an hour and are perfect for alfresco dining. We've used picanha mini beef joints, but mini lamb joints work well too.
4 x 150-200g/5-7oz mini roasting picanha joints
10ml/2tsp ground paprika
15ml/1tbsp runny honey or maple syrup
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
375g/12oz salad potatoes, e.g Charlotte, halved, cooked, drained and cooled
2 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
2 fennel bulbs, cut into small wedges
45ml/3tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
60ml/4tbsp fresh thyme leaves
1. In a small bowl mix together the paprika, honey or maple syrup, 15ml/1tbsp oil and seasoning to form a paste.
2. In a large roasting tin, gently mix together the potatoes, onions, fennel, oil and thyme. Season.
3. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
4. Brush the picanha portions with the paprika paste and position on top of the vegetables.
5. Roast for 25-30 minutes until the beef and vegetables are cooked. From time to time during cooking shake the pan.
6. Serve the beef with the vegetables and crusty bread.